Pie-r-Square

Monday, August 17, 2009

New Job

Life is good isn't it? After completing my first year internship/teaching as a resource teacher I think I can survive anything! Since my contract was not renewed I had to begin a job search. I applied at several different schools with no luck. I had one interview at Sunray Elementary but did not get the job. I signed up for substitute teaching and waited. Then a call came in from the Special Education Director at Sunray ISD. Would I be interested in a job? It will be a 3 month contract to finish out the 2007-2008 school year. To make a long story short, I interviewed, was hired, and went to work! The job I landed was my dream job. Although a little challenging, I knew this is what I wanted and could tell since I was driving to work with a smile on my face that next three months. My contract was renewed for the 2008-2009 school year and now for the 2009-2010 school year. I feel at home here at Sunray. The first in-service day was today and I am sooooo excited. I hope that this year will be as exciting and challenging as the first day back in February 2008. Most of this blog, which I started in college, consists of math but I am going to get busy and start adding more resources for students and parents. Let me know what you think and if there is anything you would like to see.
I look forward to teaching your children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home